Mallina to add to resource base, Scoping Study Late Q3
DEG has announced initial drilling results for the Mallina Project indicating broad zones of gold mineralisation in a number of parallel lodes. Mallina lies within the Indee Gold project, subject to an acquisition proposal from DEG for Indee Gold Pty Ltd, a 100% Subsidiary of the large Chinese SOE Northwest Nonferrous Australian Mining Pty Ltd. The Mallina drilling will likely now allow for a maiden JORC 2012 resource and incorporation into the Pilbara Gold Project (PGP) Scoping Study. Other work programs required for the Scoping Study are ongoing and we therefore estimate the study will be published late Q3 or early Q4. The outcome of the Scoping Study will inform the investment decision on Indee. We maintain our Speculative Buy recommendation.
- Acquisition to fast-track development: DEG’s announcement to acquire the Indee Gold Project is a strategic decision to gain size and to potentially fast-track the development option for DEG. The combined resource base now stands at 1.0 million ounces. Any additional ounces to the resource base will likely strengthen the case for the Indee acquisition (A$15m). In addition to Mallina, the Toweranna deposit is yet to be added as a JORC 2012 resource and presents another opportunity to increase resources prior to January 2018.
- Mallina to add: The Mallina Project has an exploration target of 1.4 to 2.6Mt at 1.2g/t to 1.5g/t for between 53,000 and 125,000 ounces. Although previous workers had drilled Mallina, the drill density was not sufficient to justify a JORC 2012 resource. DEG has drilled an additional 90 RC holes and we now believe Mallina could add between 60,000 and 90,000 ounces to the resource base.
- Wide zones of mineralisation: Early 4m composite intersections from the Central Area include 48m @ 1.00g/t from 8m, 40m @ 1.51g/t from 32m and 36m @1.43g/t from 76m. Once the 1m split assays are received, there is potential for the grade to lift and intersection lengths to be better defined.
- Scoping Study by late Q3/early Q4: We are now expecting to see the PGP Scoping Study released around the end of Q3, given the ongoing programs to better define the metallurgy in the fresh rock and the inclusion of the Mallina deposit in the global resource.
- Falling acquisition cost on per ounce basis: We believe that additional ounces from Mallina and other projects before January 2018, could deliver an additional c.+100,000 ounces for a projected total of ~638,000 ounces, or the equivalent of A$23.51 per ounce, almost half the original acquisition price per ounce at the time of the announcement.
- Recommendation: We maintain a Speculative Buy recommendation on DEG believing that resource growth will be positive for the Scoping Study and strengthen the case for the Indee acquisition.
This Research report, accurately expresses the personal view of the Author.
DJ Carmichael Pty Limited, members of the Research Team; including authors of this report, its directors and employees advise that they may hold securities, may have an interest in and/or earn brokerage and other benefits or advantages, either directly or indirectly from client transactions in stocks mentioned in this report. DJ Carmichael Pty Limited acted as Lead Manager in two capital raisings for De Grey Mining Limited and was paid a fee for that service. DJ Carmichael Pty Limited holds 3,024,500 shares as principal in De Grey Mining Limited, equivalent to 1. 5% of the issued capital. DJ Carmichael Pty Limited’s Managing Director, Davide Bosio, is also a Non-Executive Director of De Grey Mining Limited. DJ Carmichael Pty Limited and or its advisers hold an interest of 12,500,000 unlisted options in De Grey Mining Limited.
DJ Carmichael Pty Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of DJ Carmichael Group Pty Ltd ACN 114 921 247.
In accordance with Section 949A of the Corporations Act 2001 D J Carmichael Pty Limited advises that this email contains general financial advice only. In preparing this document D J Carmichael Pty Limited did not take into account the investment objectives, financial situation and particular needs (‘financial circumstances’) of any particular person. Accordingly, before acting on any advice contained in this document, you should assess whether the advice is appropriate in light of your own financial circumstances or contact your D J Carmichael Pty Limited adviser. D J Carmichael Pty Limited, its Directors employees and advisers may earn brokerage or commission from any transactions undertaken on your behalf as a result of acting upon this information. D J Carmichael Pty Limited, its directors and employees advise that they may hold securities, may have an interest in and/or earn brokerage and other benefits or advantages, either directly or indirectly, from client transactions. D J Carmichael Pty Limited believes that the advice herein is accurate however no warranty of accuracy or reliability is given in relation to any advice or information contained in this publication and no responsibility for any loss or damage whatsoever arising in any way for any representation, act or omission, whether express or implied (including responsibility to any persons by reason of negligence), is accepted by DJ Carmichael Pty Limited or any officer, agent or employee of D J Carmichael Pty Limited. This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication and its attachments is strictly prohibited.
The Author of this report made contact with the De Grey Mining Limited for assistance with verification of facts, admittance to business sites, access to industry/company information. No inducements have been offered or accepted by the company.
The recommendation made in this report is valid for four weeks from the stated date of issue. If in the event another report has been constructed and released on De Grey Mining Limited, the new recommendation supersedes this and therefore the recommendation in this report will become null and void.
SPECULATIVE BUY – Potential 10% or more outperformance, high risk
BUY – Potential 10% or more outperformance
HOLD – Potential 10% underperformance to 10% over performance
SELL – Potential 10% or more underperformance
Period: During the forthcoming 12 months, at any time during that period and not necessarily just at the end of those 12 months.
Stocks included in this report have their expected performance measured relative to the ASX All Ordinaries index. DJ Carmichael Pty Limited’s recommendation is made on the basis of absolute performance. Recommendations are adjusted accordingly as and when the index changes.
To elect not to receive any further direct marketing communications from us, please reply to this email and type 'opt out ' in the subject line. Please allow two weeks for request to be processed.
© 2017 No part of this report may be reproduced or distributed in any manner without permission of DJ Carmichael Pty Limited.